So I am at our office's annual convention, which was held in Gatlinburg this year. It has been a pretty good time, and I have enjoyed hanging out with my co-wokers. We will be packing up and leaving tomorrow and I am looking forward to a quiet five days off.

Tonight we had an awards gala for nursing home employees and other members of the community that have raised awareness of nursing home concerns. I wasn't a total tear-jerker, but the man who won the environmental services (maintenance/ housekeeping) award had me crying because he was so moved. Of course, I am biased since Nathan is a maintenance man. I think that those type of positions in nursing homes and in other businesses are completely underrated and deserve much more respect than they usually get.

Hopefully I will have a few pictures up soon of the convention and how lovely we the staff members looked in their tuxes and dresses.


This entry was posted on 9:27 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: