Again, I am sharing my thoughts on Lost. Last night's episode was called "Namaste." I had, unfortunately, seen a picture of Kate and Jack with the 70s clothes and shell necklace a few weeks ago, and knew that they, if not all the Oceanic 6, were going to end up involved with the DHARMA Initiative (DI). But I didn't know that Sawyer, Juliet, et. al. would be there first.

Lu commented this morning that she loves the "new" Sawyer (Jim, I suppose we should call him, although that will never stick). I heartily agree. He is able to use his lawless background to keep him and his friends alive, safe and happy. I mean, have you seen any of the Losties as happy at any point as these guys are in the DI? Sawyer's settled, Juliet's content, Jin's speaking English, and Miles is... well, whatever... he looks happy.

That being said, I find it very interesting how unhappy the Losties become when they are reunited. It seems everyone has gotten what they wanted... Jack wanted to come back to the island, Kate (we assume) wanted to be with Sawyer, and Sawyer wanted to be with Kate. Score! Everyone should be happy, right? Wrong... so very wrong. I love when there is some sort of life lesson in pop culture, and this just screams LIFE LESSON! Getting what you want isn't necessarily going to make you happy. And, what's best for you isn't necessarily what you want. (Just FYI, this lesson is really, really screaming at me with this episode).

It appears that Jack expected to come back to the island and be the leader again. Wrong! Kate expected to pick right back up where she left off with Sawyer. Wrong! And, I have to ask, what do you do when you have had one love, lost it, gained another, and then the first comes back around? Because that's going on left and right at Camp Otherton. I have thought about it, and I really don't know what I would do. It would really depend on if Nathan was Sawyer or Jack to my Kate. Or Jack or Sawyer to my Juliet. Raise your hand if you haven't slept with two of these four people... anyone? Anyone?

Moving past the JJSK love quad (what a great name for a band or a restaurant), I was sad that Hurley didn't have a bigger role in this episode, aside from Sawyer hug at the beginning and his "Whoa-what?" line during the picture. I hope that he really fits in the DI and thrives. And what happened to Daniel? We know that at some point he has helped/will help construct the Orchid, but where is he now?

And finally, I am about over Ben and I am so glad that Sun clocked him one in the head. I know, I know, I speak blasphemy, but poor Ben hasn't had any real depth since "The Man Behind the Curtain." I am hoping that the three-episode story arc that includes young Ben really redeems that with me.

So, below are the little notes/theories I had about "Namaste." Hope you enjoy, or they provoke thought, or that they make sense. Feel free to leave comments!

NAMASTE

- Why was Radzinsky running the Flame? Do DHARMA people change stations/jobs?

- Radzinsky either just happened to be in the Swan at the purge and was forced to stay there or be killed by the Hostiles; or, he made a deal with the Hostiles that he and someone else would have to stay and push the button (because if someone didn’t, it would be disastrous). Part of the deal was that Radzinsky and/or his partner couldn’t leave the Swan or interfere with the Hostiles.

- Radzinsky wore the protective suit outside the Swan for a period of time due to paranoia, but Kelvin discovered at some point that there was no need to wear the suit, and only did so first for Radzinsky’s sake, then to keep Desmond confined to the Swan by believing that he would
die outside without the suit.

- Is the baby really Ethan? That’s a 12 year age gap between actor and character.


This entry was posted on 12:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Lucinda said...

    Okay, so I am only commenting on these after seeing the finale, but we now know that Rad (for short, and he definitely is NOT rad) came to the island to "change the world." That - because didn't most of the people who stationed themselves as button-pushers have an idea that it was a very important, world-saving job? - combined with his responsibility for the incident are what make him the logical choice.

    As for the suits, we also "know" via Danielle that visiting the Temple made people sick in some way - crazy, delusional, dead and taken over by Esau? Whatever it is, maybe Rad saw something similar and decided to protect himself? Or maybe he was afraid the Hostiles would gas the joint again someday, but didn't disclose that knowledge to his successors?

    So much yet to learn!

  1. ... on May 22, 2009 at 12:44 PM