This past weekend, Nathan and I went to hear two midwives, Ina May Gaskin and Umsalaama Abdullah, speak at an event called "Labor (of Love) Day."

If you aren't familiar with Ina May Gaskin, she is the founder of The Farm Midwifery Center in Summertown, TN. She has written a few of books, one of which I have read, Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, and one that Nathan is reading called Spiritual Midwifery.

As we plan on a natural childbirth, these books have been not only helpful, but very encouraging. I am excited to see how our birth turns out in light of all that we have learned recently about natural childbirth.

Below are some pictures I took at the event.



Oh, and I really wanted to title this entry "My Vagina Birth" due to a comment an audience member made, but I thought it would be too much for the faint of heart. ;)


This entry was posted on 2:59 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: