So it's a week late, but Nathan's big birthday present was a trip to Birmingham to go to the Rick & Bubba radio show. This morning was the show and it was a lot of fun! We made R&B some ham and cheese rolls (which I hoped they liked) and just got to sit back and watch them do their morning show. During the commercial breaks Bubba threw a tennis ball up against the windows (literally at every commercial break... all 12 that we were there for) and Rick gave us a drum solo on the kit. He specifically played a Latin beat for me for some unknown reason (he said, "Mom, I know you like the Latin stuff" or something like that). After the show, we got a nice picture made with them.


After Rick & Bubba, we went to Vulcan Park, which I may or may not have been to as a child. We got some great pictures and I found out that my parents and/or grandparents lied to me about Vulcan's butt. I was told that there was controversy about his butt being exposed and that it was covered up eventually with some metal shorts or something. When I asked about this today at the museum, I was told that there was indeed controversy, but that his butt was not covered up, rather he was turned 17 degrees so as not to be mooning Homewood. Please do enjoy my picture of Vulcan's butt.

After Vulcan, I finally learned where Five Points is, as we went to a health food store there to buy incense and snacks. After that, we drove quickly by the place where my grandparents used to live (we drove quickly because it is now a very scary-looking place) and then stopped by the cemetery to see theirs and my uncle's graves.

Finally, we headed back home. However, we did stop in Cullman at Denny's to eat. Since we are deprived of any Denny's in the Middle Tennessee Area, this was a special treat. The food was excellent, but the service was bad. We were there for nearly an hour, and most of it was waiting on our waitress to come by so we could ask for our check and a to-go box. But, again, the food was fantastic!!

If this sounds a bit like "What I Did On My Summer Vacation," it's because I am just exhausted! Not only did we pack a lot into a short time, we slept terribly last night at the hotel. But I never sleep well in a strange bed, anyway. Still we had a great time!!



This entry was posted on 8:14 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: