If you didn't catch it in the last post, I am driving the Flex Fuel minivan, which takes E85 ethanol fuel.

So, Big Sister left a comment about her hubby saying that ethanol gets poor gas mileage. Of course, I didn't see the comment until after I put $25 worth of E85, but I figured, "What's the difference?" Well boy howdy is there a difference! My handy-dandy minivan went from a spry 19 MPG to a piddly 17 MPG in just 1/4 of a tank! So... Big Jay was right!

As much as I am really loving the van, today I started to miss my car when I couldn't get a good song on the radio and I couldn't plug in my jump drive to listen to new songs. But, hopefully I will have the car back at the end of this week.


This entry was posted on 9:30 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: