Guess who got hit yesterday? That's right... it was me! I was on my way to La Vergne's annual Old Timer's Day parade when a lady came around a corner in a parking lot and hit me. So now I am driving a Chrysler Town & Country minivan. And I missed the parade.

If you haven't heard, Nashville and Middle Tennessee is facing a gas crisis right now. Last week the price jumped 70 cents in our area over the course of two days. This week, most gas stations in the area are out of gas and lines are usually long for the pumps. I have heard stories of police pumping gas to enforce limits and 45-minute lines at the stations. It's a touch scary, but Nathan and I have been fortunate both Friday and Saturday. We both were able to pull into stations and right into an open pump with no limits on purchases.

So, because of the gas crisis, and the aid and evacuations from Hurricane Ike, Enterprise Car Rental was pretty much out of, or very low on, cars when I called to get a replacement vehicle after the wreck. I talked to four locations in the area and my choices were pretty much a truck and a van. I chose the van assuming that it would get better gas mileage. And the gas issue even affected the rental company... there was only a half a tank in the van. Thankfully I don't have to return it full.

So, that's been my weekend. After all of Saturday's stress, I've been trying to relax. And I have been thoroughly enjoying the minivan. I hate to trade it in for a car next week, but I guess if it saves on gas, I must.

So if you see a soccer mom (minus the soccer and the mom part) tooling around town, enjoying driving way too much during a fuel shortage... that'd be me!


This entry was posted on 10:56 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: